2 Tbsp olive oil, light
4 chicken pieces Breast or thighs
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion diced
1 lb small red potatoes halved
5 garlic toes minced
1 tablespoon Oakleigh Garden herbs de Provence
2 1/2 c chicken stock
8 oz mushrooms quartered
1. Add olive oil to a hot Dutch Oven. Brown the chicken pieces (I used 2 drums and 2 thighs, bone-in.)
2. While the chicken is browning, quarter red potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
3. Once the chicken is brown, remove it from the pan. Add the onion and garlic. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Once the onions have started to soften, put the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon Oakleigh Garden. Add a bit more salt and pepper at this point. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups or so of chicken stock. Add stock to cover the vegetables. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes.
5. After 45 minutes, add the mushrooms, replace the lid, and simmer for another 15 minutes.